Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 Hours Check

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?

I am doing my mentorship at USC and at Alosta Dental.


2.   Who is your contact?

At USC my contact is Sahar Hamedani, she is a pediatric dentist who works in the clinic as well as the mobile clinics that branch out in the area. Dr. Vicente-Montoya is my contact at Alosta dental and she's the owner and head dentist there.


3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in your mentorship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your WB)? 

At USC I've done a combined 20 hours so far. With Alosta dental, I've done about 5.


4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.

So at USC I did mostly clinical work, that included watching my mentor work as well as help her on her daily things at that place. Sometimes it would include helping with Xrays, talking to patients, and grabbing whatever items she needed to do her job.

At Alosta dental, I've mostly been doing the same thing as stated above but in a different setting. Alosta dental is a more private practice as USC is a public practice. The difference between the two is management as well as patients who come in. I learned how to file and saw billing in the private practice as where the public practice I didn't see at all because it was taken care of by a third party.


5.   Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone number confirming who they should call to verify it.

Okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment