Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:


LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog

Here it is.

·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place

Sahar Hamedani Ostrow's School of Destistry USC

    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important thing that I firsthand witnessed at USC is patience. Patience is a very hard trait and skill to have but it is required in this line of work. You can't be a Pediatric dentist without liking kids and being patient enough to work with them. A lot of the students who were attending did not have those two traits and it was demonstrated in the work and attitude they had. Learning from that it showed to me that it takes a lot to become a Pediatric dentist and I'm prepared to give it my all to achieve my goal.

   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.

Answering my essential question was tough at first as I had three answers to choose from. After being at mentorship I saw my answer, "Using Tell-Show-Do, a dentist can explain a procedure and relieve anxiety" in action and how effective it was. Originally I thought that it would be my second answer of treatment planning as with the thought that, what the patient's want they'll get. However, seeing this in practice it often times took a turn for the worst. Seeing my answer in comparison to other's in practice really helped me answer my essential question. 


*Please do not turn in your mentorship hours to the office.  After we collect the total list from all seniors, we will turn in one piece of paper with all hours for everybody.  It is counted as 50 hours of the 200 you need in order to graduate from I-Poly.  The 10 hours in the summer have already been added to your community service total.

No comments:

Post a Comment