Content:
LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
I, Nitjasin Quach Phyakul, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
My source was Myrna Kidd. She is a preschool teacher and helped guide me on my interaction with young children. Being as though my topic is Pediatric Dentistry, I have to be able to interact and know how to work with children of all ages. It can be especially difficult to work with those younger than 6 so that is why I chose to do my independent component with her.
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours). Post it next to your mentorship log.
Ok.
(d) Explanation of what you completed. .
All I did was set up and monitor the activities for the children. Most of the time, there was an assignment and me being the overseer had to explain to the kids what they were supposed to do and direct them to ensure it was done correctly. This ties in with my project because language and communication was closely associated with my first answer and this just adds more knowledge for that aspect.
INTERPRETIVE
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work. Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.
One project that I did was the creation of an assignment for the kids. Since Mother's day is coming up I thought that it would be nice for them to make homemade cards with paper flowers on the side. Since most of them are unable to read and write yet I also had to do those sections for them. Explaining the process of all of this was really hard and time consuming which also required me to be patient. I did eventually discover a system which allowed me to be able to do that, effectively.
APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.
This component helped answer my EQ by understanding the different levels of interaction for the younger patients that I may interact with. Also, it helped shed new light on my first answer. Specifically, when I had to help the kids do an assignment, just telling them the instructions was not enough. I had to explain and summarize with language on their level so they could what they had to do. I also couldn't speak to them like I would with my peers and would often need to speak slower, softer, and nicer in order to achieve a final product that was asked.
No comments:
Post a Comment