Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

Content:
1.  What is your working EQ?
 The EQ that I am considering is, "What are the most effective ways to ensure a good check up after seeing the pediatric dentist?" It would have the psychology behind dental offices but along the lines of working in a practice too. Not only would the answers be interesting but also inform whomever doesn't like the dentist that they can have options with regards to treatment.

2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ? Please write the answer in thesis format.  Examples:

EQ:  "What are the most effective ways to ensure a good check up after seeing the pediatric dentist?"
  •  Communication is key, with talking to the patient it is revealed what they are most comfortable with.
  • Possibly try an alternative way to take care of the procedure they may not like.
  • In rare occasions pharmaceuticals can be used to help as well. 

3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ? 
Most likely my mentor Sahar Hamedami as well as someone who knows the ages 1-17 act. Since this is really specific anyone who has experience or in the field of pediatrics. It is important to find experts as this will open new options to those who dislike the dentist.

4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?
Currently my mentorship lies at USC. There is my mentor as well as numerous scenarios that I am able to view. I also plan on finding a private practice so I may see that perspective. Watching as the dentists work on their patients and how the interaction and relationship matter in those instances. 

1 comment:

  1. I could ask my dentist for you. They are off Diamond Bar Blvd. Your question is a good one, but it could be understood from a parent perspective. What about, "What is the most effective way for a pediatric dentist to ensure a positive patient experience?" I say this instead of check up because sometimes you are doing more..say, pulling a tooth.

    By the way, how did you get into your USC program? I'm curious for future students.

    ReplyDelete