Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ


Using what you have done so far, answer the following 5 questions (be specific and use examples).

The Pentagon:
(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happen as a result of what you have completed so far?
 So one super good thing that's happened is that I even have a better glimpse of what I want to do when I'm older. Since my topic is what I want to pursue in my future, I'm somewhat getting a head start to that path. The interview really helped as talking to my mentor has given me firsthand reports of how the ropes go.

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?
One piece of research that really opened my eyes was the "Behavioral Guidelines" for pediatric dentistry. In this report numerous ways were explained on how to deal with patients who may be having a difficult time. This brought a whole new aspect as the psychology involved in pediatric dentistry. It's helped me just see the even bigger picture of such a specialty.

(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?

Everything's gone pretty smooth. Finding a new mentor would probably be my only bump so far. Before my interview I didn't know what to look for in the research but now that's my strength as I have a whole arsenal to choose from. 

(4) What hasn't worked so far? 

I think understanding what I'm suppose to ask for? I seem to be finding multiple answers but I don't know what the question is. My topic can be so broad and vast that most of the time the information I receive is vague because the uncertainty of what I'm trying to do. 

(5) Finding Value: 
  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
A possible question I could do is maybe the behavioral techniques used in a practice? This part I'm really uncertain of and would probably be my weakest point.
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to to find it.  
For my mentorship it'd probably include a lot of clinical shadowing at USC. To see the techniques that the dentists use can help my eq possibly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment